Monday, November 21, 2011

How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?

I don't break out as much as I did in my teens, but I bear the burden of all these scars on my face now. Ever since I started having acne, my self esteem and self worth have spiraled down to zero. I always think people will judge me based on how I look and not who I am as a person, especially when it comes to finding a companion. In this world people seem to value first money and looks, of which I have neither. It's hard for me to make friends with this god-given curse as well. So how can I change this, short of having reconstructive or cosmetic surgery and getting put on accutane so that I might never have any future breakouts.How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Often fewer products are better. People often make their acne worse by using too many products. There is no quick fix for acne. Your doctor may recommend some prescription medication. Keep your face very clean. Drink plenty of water. Eat a nutritious diet and get enough sleep. Try to reduce the stress in your life. Probably the most useful and effective things you can do are to apply hot compresses to pustules and cysts and never to pick or squeeze pimples. Playing with or popping pimples, no matter how careful and clean you are, nearly always makes bumps stay redder and bumpier longer.





Most of us have to rise above adversity of one sort or another, and most people have to get on with life and make the best of things. In terms of how people react to you, those who matter don't mind the acne, and those who mind it don't matter.





Here are a few informative links with additional home treatment ideas.





http://www.medicinenet.com/acne/article.鈥?/a>


http://www.acne.com/cause_effects/causes鈥?/a>


http://www.acnerecovery.com/acne-informa鈥?/a>


How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Try proactive and get with a dermatologist. It is not hopeless with your skin. I have seen some huge turn arounds from bad skin
First do not blame god or anyone else for your problems.


It makes you a ';victim';, and by definition helpless. Helpless people are powerless. Do not fall into that trap.





Many people have issues in their lives, you are not alone.


You have two choices here:


1. Be a victim, feel sorry for yourself, do nothing and continue to be unhappy.


2. Accept your situation and move on in life. Learn about acne and the treatment of it. (including diet and cleansing). In other words find solutions and implement them. The successes you achieve this way will help to build your self confidence. (self esteem).





Yes people will always judge us on the way we look. Get over it, it is life. But most people have similar fears of others. So we all go around fearing what others will think of us. Which leads us to the statement once made by a teacher of life.


';If you knew how little time someone actually spent


thinking about you,


you would not care what they thought';


People are mostly like you, wrapped up in their own problems and lives.





Your problem solution is in action, in the success from this action (with some failures), taking responsibility, and of course deciding to be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment