Monday, August 23, 2010

How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?

I don't break out as much as I did in my teens, but I bear the burden of all these scars on my face now. Ever since I started having acne, my self esteem and self worth have spiraled down to zero. I always think people will judge me based on how I look and not who I am as a person, especially when it comes to finding a companion. In this world people seem to value first money and looks, of which I have neither. It's hard for me to make friends with this god-given curse as well. So how can I change this, short of having reconstructive or cosmetic surgery and getting put on accutane so that I might never have any future breakouts.How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Isn't God just grand? He's telling you that you are infact a /b/tarded furfag.How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Thanks, I love 4chan! Report Abuse

Well, first of all, you've got to stop focusing on your flaws and looking at yourself as ';cursed'; with a ';burden.'; So you have acne. Big deal. Everyone has flaws. But the good things about you surely outweigh the bad, especially when it's something as superficial as acne. Make a list of good things in your life: talents, friends, accomplishments, etc. You'll be surprised how many things are going good for you.


But above all, don't listen to those people who judge you because of something you can't do anything about. So what if they don't like you? They can go play in traffic. The thing you need to focus on is whether or not YOU like you. If you do, then other people will too.


Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment