Monday, July 26, 2010

I need to get rid of acne and scars?

I get pimples almost everyday but mosly have whiteheads on my chin. i wash my face 2 times a day everyday with a mild facewash. i know that since im only 14 im going to get more acne but my friends dont have any even though their bodys are more a little more mature than mine. i also have scars on my face. can anyone help please??I need to get rid of acne and scars?
Accutane will clear up both your scars and your acne. Almost guaranteed, no matter how bad your skin is. But it does have some really yucky side affects and since you said you aren't quite physically mature your doctor might not prescribe it for you, because I think it can stunt your growth. Here's some major stuff to consider before you decide to try it:





-It can cause serious birth defects if you get pregnant. Even though you are 14 you will probably have to promise to use 2 kinds of birth control- at least one oral form (like the pill) and the other can be abstinence, but you'll have to get a monthly blood pregnancy test.


-It makes your skin VERY VERY dry- to give you some idea I had to use an oil-based moisturizer while I was taking it because I couldn't stand the dryness- but I still didn't get one zit after the 1st month of treatment.


-It can make your joints hurt. It made my back ache.


-Some people say it made their hair thinner. I didn't notice, but I had plenty of hair to begin with so if it got thinner I didn't miss it.


-It makes you very VERY sun sensitive, no joke, don't expect not to use more sun screen than usual because you will FRY yourself which is terrible for your skin. I went to FL for spring break while taking it and used my usual amount of sunscreen (not much, but I tan pretty easily) and I got sun poisoning and a burn so bad that I litterally could barely walk up the steps because the backs of my knees hurt so badly. I wore sweat pants to the beach the rest of the week because I absolutely couldn't get any more sun on my legs. My legs NEVER peel, but they shed pretty much an entire layer within 3 days. It was bad. And then a couple years later I had an atypical mole removed from my leg, which was probably a result of that burn. So WEAR TONS OF SUNSCREEN!!!


-You also shouldn't have surgery while taking it if it can be avoided because for some reason it makes your body heal less quickly. You also shouldn't get your eyebrows or anything waxed because your skin is more fragile.


- Accutane has been linked with an elevated risk of suicide... not that it happens often, but it has been reported. I didn't have any trouble with depression or anything from it, and neither did anyone I know who took it, but just make sure if you start to have scary thoughts you talk to someone ASAP and should probably stop taking it.


-It's pretty expensive.


-The second link below has a more complete list of side effects, definitely check it out.





There are a lot of side affects you need to consider, and it may not be an option for you until you are pretty much through puberty, but most people say it's totally worth it if your skin is really bad, because it will completely clear up your acne and even heal your scars. Most people take if for a year or so and it has a 50% cure rate, which means that for 1/2 of the people who take it their acne never comes back. I took it for a year, when I was 15, and my skin stayed clear for about 4 years but then it started to get bad again, although much better than pre-accutane. I'm considering another course of it, though I'm not sure.


Good luck!I need to get rid of acne and scars?
read tips on treating acne, skincare and home remedies on this site
dont pick at them!


worst thannnngg todo./


but try putting toothpaste on it or proactive and then make a face wash out of brown sugar and milk.
If your using everything and they are not working, than see a dermatologist. He/she can prescribe you acne medication that should work better than over the counter stuff.
your best bet would probly try some other acne washes and such, and if it gets worse to go see a facial dermatologist and get professional help, cause it does suck having acne and they usually dont go away withone wash, also picking at them just opens them up more and makes scars, which can make it worse also if your hands are dirty.
LiNNY UR FACE iS S00 MUCH CLEARER THAN iT USED 2 BE S0 JUST D0N W0RRY B0UT iT UR BEAUTiFUL.
everyone is different.i am 20 and still geting them sometimes nearer to my period.if you eat lots of fruits and vegetables,drink lots of water and avoid greasy food and chocolate,your acne will decrease...

No comments:

Post a Comment